StarsT is exactly what it sounds like, a star field for your web page. Using text or characters as stars you can create a nice, zooming in effect. The same can be achieved using images with the alternative to this script, Stars.
Download this zipped version (contains: script and example page)
Variables you can edit:
They're all on the first line ?;o)
- numstars = number of stars (objects).
- dist = how far (depth) each star should travel before being reset.
- startext = the text or character to be used for your stars.
- fontface = the font to be used for your stars.
- fontsize = maximum font size (in pixels) for your stars.
- speed = the zoom speed of your star field.
- spin = set to 0 for no spin
set to positive number for clockwise spin (0.01 is good)
set to negative number for anti-clockwise spin (-0.01 is good).
- starcolor = the color of your stars when they are closet to you.
- backcolor = the background color of your page or the color you would like the stars to be when they are furthest away.
- Download starst.zip and unpack the files.
- Copy starst.js to your web site.
- Add the following line within the <BODY> tags on the page(s) you want to have the link:
- Change "pathto/starst.js" to point to the location of starst.js
- Installation Complete!